Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Things are looking up!!

Sharon is progressing in rapid fashion! The PT Doctor at Integra and staff had a meeting to discuss her condition and progress. The bottom line outcome of that consulting is that they want to send her "home" to the Extended Stay this Friday!! I, too, am amazed at the progess I've seen in her this time in comparison to her previous operations! The staff's concern is that she is doing so well that she'll slip into doing too much, too soon. They have somewhat been putting her brakes on up to now. It's kinda' hard to understand where they may get THAT idea from!! HEEHEE! To help her progress, she will have PT home care for some time yet. That will probably last as long as we're here. That will also keep her on a fixed regimen of the exercises she needs to do and will give me a chance to learn the whole routine so I can help her continue it after we leave.

We'll still probably be here for an additional three weeks after that to meet Dr Emerson's timing on her follow-up appointment. This little two-room apartment will probably look mighty small before we're ready to leave!

I don't think either of us will be more glad for her to come home that Bulli will be. I try to take him out as much as possible, but he has been spending way too much time in this little place alone. I come back in the evening and he'll just sit at my feet and crave all the attention that I can lavish on him. I've started taking him on longer and longer walks when we go out to help that as much as possible. Probably does me more good than him, though, because he KNOWS he's just going to end up back here alone! He WANTS his MOMMY!!!!

I see some long rides in our future! Sharon may not be able for a while to get out and roam around on foot but my bet is that she will want to "practice" for the ride home to get a change of scenery! Well, come to think of it, I'll probably be ready as well!!

Lest I forget, I want to give some of our geocaching friends from home a great big thank you for the yard work they did for us last weekend. Sorry for the late thanks, but it took a while to put all the pieces together to get the whole story!! I won't mention names, but WE know and YOU know and that's the important part!! Thanks ever so much, guys (and gals). I salute you for your efforts and thoughtfulness!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is geoPirat / Carsten from Germany . . .

Good to read that you have things going well after the OP. Best wishes from me and my family to you three - I hope that things will keep on developing fine.

Thanks for keeping us informed !

Anonymous said...

I just cant help but think of this song when I hear the word "Rehab".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD5sahXoj0U