Monday, October 8, 2007

Monday evening - 10/08/07

No input to the blog until tonight! I did chores today and she had a full PT schedule for the day, at least, as of the time I left last night. I was doing some stuff around mid-day and got a call from Ron and Marybeth Laster from Harmony, AR. We had visited with them on the stop in Clarksville, AR and, while they were in Dallas visiting their daughter, they cached their way over to visit with Sharon and me for a little while. I met them at Integra in time for us to catch Sharon in mid-PT! We got to watch, through the glass wall, her do her table exercises and see her walk! Remember the first grade reader? "See Sharon walk!" You gotta be my age to remember the great literature that brought us Dick and Jane!! OK, now, Raise your hand if you remember Dick and Jane! Uh, huh! That's what I thought! There were quite a few of you, weren't there!! I SAW THOSE HANDS!! [:D] Any way, we all walked her back to the room and helped her climb back in bed and then visited a while! We left when Ron and Marybeth had to go.

Sharon is really doing well under PT! After some serious misgivings on my part from the events of Saturday, things have settled into a nice week-time routine. The staff seems quite competent and personally interested in each of their charges. Professional but warm! Even Sharon says that she can already tell a big difference in how well she's doing. Last Thursday, I would not have bet that she would be where she is after just 4 days of the different routine.

I missed him but Clay Curtis from Prestonwood BC dropped in to visit for a little while in the late afternoon. I enjoyed the fellowship with Clay last week when he dropped in during the operation and then later in the week for a drop-in. I never realized what those little visits meant over the years, but have come to fully appreciate them. Haven't been on the receiving side of those much!

Probably the highlight of the day was after the rain late this afternoon. Since it was cooler after the rain, I took Bulli with me to do a few chores. We came back by Integra and I called Sharon and told her to look out the window. I didn't realize Clay was there then, but he opened the curtains and Bulli looked through the window and saw his Mom! I'm not sure which one was more excited, but Bulli was jumping up and down and really crying to get to her. Don't think Sharon jumped that high but she was glad to see her little boy! Later, I came back over and brought him with me. We rolled her out to the front and I let him out for a little visit. He was so excited (actually they both were!) that he came over, licked her hand, and then proceeded to try to find the rat or bunny he smelled in the hedge and flowers! It was like, "Hi, Mom! Excuse me, there's an evil rabbit in here I must protect you!!"

One of the chores I did today was to go in search of some "footies with grippers" for Sharon to wear in bed. They protect her heels while she's laying in the bed and, with the grips, she can slip out of the bed with them on and not slide around. The normal stores didn't have them (they are out of season because we have them as winter stock!). I did find a local Mom and Pop pharmacy that found them for me and could have them tomorrow. Fine, how much? Nine dollars. Er, is that for a dozen pairs? No sir, that's for ONE pair. Ok, thank you very much, mam, but I wanted a half a dozed pairs BUT NOT for that much! Heck, my whole wardrobe didn't cost as much as a dozen of those little things! After a little more roaming, I found the darn things at the gift shop INSIDE Integra in a pack of three for $3.99!! AAAAarrrrrrggggg! Bet I burned 3 gallons of fuel looking for them!! Oh well, I guess I AM from the country!!!!

Over all, things are really beginning to look up! Full, back at full speed, is going to take a while because of the bone/prosthesis integration. That is supposed to take 6 months to reach it's optimal strength. Can't have a lot of up and down jarring on the joint before that is accomplished. Soo, even though she's getting stronger and feeling better, her activity level MUST remain low key for quite a while! This progress rates a big thank you to all for your prayers and positive thoughts sent our way!

Until later,

Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Guys,

We are so pleased that Sharon is doing well you have been in our thoughts and prayers.

nonnipoppy
Roylene and Max