Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"O" Day Plus One

This has taken a while to get around to giving an update to the blog. Things have been just a little hectic. I left last evening somewhere around midnight and took care of Joe and Bulli maintenance items and grabbed a little sleep. She basically ran me off so she could get a little sleep!! [:D] Came back over late this morning and found her a little less groggy, but I know from experience that it is going to take another day before she's hitting on all cylinders again!

She is doing well. There have been no major complications and she is resting fairly comfortable. They have removed both IV's and that means of course that she is now dependent on the pain medicine by mouth instead of just being able to punch the button for the return to that other place she's been in!!

While I've been writing this, food service brought up her lunch. Meal service here is a little different than most hospitals I've seen. They bring you a restaurant style menu for you to order from. You order by phone like you would for carry out. The menu is pretty extensive and is definitely not what you'd expect. The soup of the day, for example, is lobster bisque! She didn't want that so I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich on multigrain bread, cream of tomato soup and a fruit cup. I thought the fruit cup would be one of the little pre-packed fruit cocktail thingies, but NNNOOOOOOO!! It's actually fresh fruit that is very nicely prepared just like in a real eating establishment!! I'm impressed with the whole tray. Hmmm! I may have to try the Chicken Fried Steak dinner later tonight myself!!! [;)]

All in all, she's doing well. She just said she wished she could keep her eyes open long enough to finish eating!

Another deacon from Prestonwood Baptist Church came by this morning to check on us and visit for a bit.

Will try to update later today.

Thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice positive update. We are still looking a few times a day.
Now that you have us on the subject of food, have a look at one of our caches. It is GC112M0 and every time I think of that cache, I think of Joe that night we were cacing so late. Pay attention to the photos uploaded. Looking forward to another good report.