Monday, October 29, 2007

"I'm As Good As I Can Be, 'Til I'm Home In Tennessee"


What goes up........................
................. must come down!!


That's my motto for these coming days. Things are going along well. My PT guy helped me learn how to get into the van today-it was pretty scarry but I mastered it and now shouldn't have any problems on our way home to TN. With this unit having a bathroom, I won't even have to get out the entire trip home if I don't want to. Hopefully we'll be leaving here on Nov. 8 and take 3-4 days to get home.

Joe writes:

I had added to Sharon's comments last night, but because of the funky WIFI setup here at the hotel, I lost all my added comments about her progress last evening. In the fog of the pre-coffee morning, I'll try to recreate what I added last evening!

Sharon was being somewhat modest about what she was able to accomplish during the PT sesson with Dave! He gave her a pretty good workout while she was learning to ingress and egress from the View! Not only did he work her pretty well getting up and down the stairs, he had her walk from the room all the way to the View first! May not seem like much of a big deal, but that was well over twice as far as she has gone before without a "sit down" in the middle! Then, it was up and down the stairs using one crutch and the hand rail until she felt comfortable with the procedures! She worked really hard and I'm proud of her for sticking with it even though it was really tiring for her! Well, she did get a free ride back to the room!! [:D] She is confident on how to get in and out now, so I suppose it won't be long before her world begins to expand!! You know the old "keep 'em down on the farm when .................. etc.!" (Wow! The coffee is finally kicking in! That sip went all the way down HOT!) I'll have to keep reminding her that the "house arrest" thing is still in effect until next Wednesday when we see her doctor. She likes the idea that the View is now "home!" It's scary what that COULD mean!! [;)]

Cheers

Joe

No comments: