Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sunday Afternoon - 10/07/07

Am a little late today in getting out a status report. I slept in a little time morning. Actually, I slept decadently late. Bulli and I rolled out about 10, give or take a little! After I got the chores done, I got to Integra about 2PM!! Sinful!!!!

Actually it worked rather well for me to have done that. Sharon was given both a pain pill and a sleeping pill after I left last night! She said she actually had a really good night's sleep and felt much better for it. They took her through two PT sessions during the morning, and, along with another shower, she was feeling really great when I got here. In fact, she felt SO good, she's slept most of the time I've been here! Some way to treat a visitor, huh????!!!! I've been watching NASCAR from Talledaga so it has worked out pretty well - neither of us has had an interuption!!!!! She's been asleep about 2 or so hours now. That's probably the best thing that has happened to her all week. As they begin to give her more "work" during this week, she'll likely need more of it.

Her PT has been going pretty well. I went with her yesterday to watch what was being done. That was the first time with that PT instructor. After watching her for about 5 minutes, I made her stop. She was doing the right exercises but was not observing the Dr's cautions about range of motion and what was to be done. Glad I was there for that one. If this was the first operation, I might have ignored what was happening. Since we're both somewhat veterans at this process, we don't mind helping with the Quality Control of what is being done! [:D] A few nurses probably still have teeth marks from several years ago, too! Any way, this PT instructor went and called a replacement. Went really well from there! I had a chat with the original lady later and we discussed the process that is required with this particular prosthesis! She didn't know there was a difference in them! There is!!

Soooo! Here we sit! They just had the "Big One" at Talledaga! Most exciting thing happening here!!

Cheers

No comments: