Saturday, October 13, 2007

Re-learning all over again!!

Well, it's a beautiful cool sunny Texas fall morning! The sun is shining and it could just not be a better start to what appears to be a georgeous day!! That is the backdrop to our "newly" recombined home life! Alas, we are in the throes of still figuring out WHAT goes WHERE and all that good stuff. Sharon's homecoming was accompanied by a legion of support equipment!! I can't begin to describe all of it, except to say I have a wheelchair sitting beside me that more closely resembles the Army's main battle tank than it does a normal wheelchair!!! [:D] This thing has more adjustments on it than you can imagine! It is for some of the more long-distance forays out into the world while we're here! I'm glad they're renting it! I don't believe there's a trailer hitch on it to tow it back to Nashville! I don't even WANT to know what it cost! It will even lay out flat like a bed!! Extended that way, it's well over six feet long!

Sharon's first night home was one of mixed reactions. We're all glad she's back and we're together. Bulli was so funny trying to figure out what the deal was with her walking on the walker device. He just watched and watched and finally had to come over and sniff it up really well. She slept in fits and starts and was up two or three times before I woke up around 7:30. That will soon take care of itself, I'm sure.

It's pretty obvious there is a difference in "design-for-mobility" between the rehab facility and our suite here at Extended Stay!! [:D] We are relearning the art of passing in small places, the "I'm here, you're there, how do we swap places?" syndrome, and where do I put this now? things. Guess it's all part of the fun of life and living together!! Things do have to be a little more orchestrated, however!! Say, any conductors out there??

YeeHaw!! Life is good!! We're learning to live again!!

Cheers!!

No comments: