Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturday Evening 13Oct07


What a Saturday! It was loaded with rest and great surprises! About 10 or so this morning, I had a call from the front desk and was told I had a guest in the lobby. I went down to see who was here and who should appear but JBinthe615, a caching friend from Nashville! We have dodged each other from Nashville to Miami and, yes, here again, is JB! What a surprise! He came in and after visiting for a while, I asked if he would like to go out behind the motel and grab a couple of caches that were here. Of Course, the answer was yes! We took Bulli out and was grabbing the cache when my phone rang. It was the Haley4TN family. My first reaction was that they were calling to ask about one of our caches. I asked where they were and was told that they were at Integra and couldn't find Sharon! My, My! Gave them directions to the Extended Stay. We came back inside and had a Tennessee Reunion Event, Texas Style! Just never know WHERE these Tennesseans will show up! What a great surprise and spirit-lifter! We had no clue either of them were anywhere near Texas. The Haleys were visiting family in the area and just decided to come by! In honor of this auspicious occasion, we all, except Sharon, piled in the GeoVan and continued the cache run that JB and I had been heading out on. What a historic event! (More on that sometime later!)

After everybody left, we took Sharon out for her first trip in the Main Battle Tank! What a handful!! Bulli needed a walk and we decided to make it a family event! She rode, I pushed and Bulli pulled! Bet it was a sight! Well, at least Bulli and I got OUR exercise! Will post a picture of this outing when I get them transfered to the computer.

Sharon is doing rather well in the transition back to "real world" living! I need to get the luggage basket for her walker. She's on the walker so she can keep weight off of the new hip. It has a little basket that velcro's to the front of it so she can carry "stuff" around with her. I've not installed it yet. The Occupational Therapy folks teach how to use that to get your food and plates moved around the kitchen and all sorts of household chores. Our "kitchen" here won't allow two people to cook, so I've left the basket off to protect my position as "Top Chef!"

This has been a great day! More of these are to come!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, who would have thought there could be a Tennessee geocaching event in Texas?! Looks like everyone is doing good. Glad to hear that Bulli is finally getting to get settled with Sharon around. Take care as our prayers for healing continue to be lifted up. Jerry, Tondi, and kids