Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday night-Oct. 12-from Sharon's point of view

Yup-just like Joe has reported-we are "home". Well, "home" as we know it for now. This is the beginning of Phase#4(#1-pre-op time here in TX; #1-the operation itself and 5 days in the hospital: #3-rehab for 7 days). We had gotten ourselves all settled into our little abode here at Extended Stay before I went in the hospital so it was just like "coming home". Think Bulli was almost as happy about it as I was since he finallly had all 3 of us under the same roof. When I laid down on the bed this evening for a rest he had to curl up right beside me- RIGHT side, of course, since my incision is on the left side.
Didn't have much to do at rehab today since they don't work you the day you go home. We didn't leave until 5:30 so had time to rest in addition to saying "good-by" to those who helped me out so much the week I was there. That was a fantastic place and everyone was so professional and dedicated to their work. We plan to come back thru here in late April or early May on our way to Calif so will stop back in to see them again. Will have to bring a BIG box of Goo-Goo Clusters for them. The ones we brought were give out at the hospital.
We have an appt with my hip Dr. on Nov. 7 so we know we will be here at least that long. Hopefully all will go well between now and then and we'll get an OK to return home to finish my recuperation. Between now and then I'll have home health care coming in 3 times a week as well as physical therapy. All of that starts on Monday so we will get into our "groove" and move on.
Again and again we thank everyone for your prayers and thoughts, cards, phone calls and any other way you have helped us out in these past days and weeks.
Stayed tuned-Sharon

No comments: