Saturday, October 25, 2008

What A Difference A Day Makes

Really had a "down" day yesterday so today was much better. Joe went to the visitation yesterday afternoon for his good friend, Don, so that was a sad time for us. Then Joe didn't get to stay here with me much so that was sad for me. Fortunately, I had a great nurse and tech last night so I finished off the day with some joy. Their names are Hope and Charity so I only needed Faith to finish off the trio. They had a good ear for me last night before bed and that really helped me. I have them again tonight.
Got fitted for my brace yesterday afternoon and I am beginning to look like one of the storm troopers from Star Wars. It is supposed to stablilize my hip while I don't have any joint. Monday they will add a foot part to it. This will allow my whole leg to stay mobilized when I am up.
Joe took me in the wheelchair this morning out to the coach in the parking lot and I could see Bulli. We were so glad to see each other. Guess he can't quite figure out where I have been all this time. He has been such a trooper thru all these weeks. It was so nice to be out in the sun.
Got a nap this afternoon while Joe was out looking some type of pants for me to wear with this new contraption. Presently when I get up I "moon" those behind me so he's trying to fix some pants to go up over my brace. He has spent this evening working on the left seam down the leg and I'm going to try them on when I finish this.
Had several calls this afternoon which were very welcome. When I talked to Abby she asked if all the fungus was gone now. James says if we are still out here at Thanksgiving that they are coming out here to see us. I surely hope we will be back home by then.
The plan right now is to leave the hospital on Wed and go to the hotel. Then we will stay there 1-2 weeks to make sure everything is OK before heading home. Staples will come out of the incison on Fri so that will be a crucial day.
Guess that is all for tonight. It's almost time for the nurse to come in and start my infusion.
Until next time-
Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sound like things are moving right along. I will continue to keep yall in my prayers. Hope your plans to travel back home in a couple weeks all works out. Lets do lunch one day when your back. Kimmie