Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday Morning - Regroup Day

Looking at the blog as it came up when I turned the computer on, I can't believe I missed a post yesterday! June and I did some shopping for Sharon and "stuff we needed" yesterday morning and went over to the hospital right after lunch. Sharon sat up in the recliner TWICE yesterday, and is learning to move herself around a little. She cannot unhook and get up by herself (that's a good thing!) but with a little bit of help from someone, can move her leg around and get around a little. That may not seem like much, but it's quantum leap from where we were a couple of days ago! I left the two of them late afternoon and came back to the apartment and cooked a homecooked meal to take back over for us. Did something dangerous and tried a brand new dish for the occasion. June had made us Chicken Kiev for us some years ago at her home and I asked her how she had done it. She told me what she remembered and I decided to try it! Well, not having chicken, I had to improvise a bit! Did have some thin-cut pork chops (that really tastes like chicken, doesn't it?) and used that instead! Actually, it worked fairly well, at least for a first-time attempt. Just a simple little dinner of Pork Kiev and Brussel Sprouts in a butter/garlic sauce! They said it was good, but, I will admit, it took a lot longer than I anticipated!

I took June to the airport this morning and launched her back to Maine! We both really hated to see her leave because her visit was so good for both of us! Sharon was just in awe that June took time to come down and so much enjoyed spending some quality time with her. For me, she managed to inject a smattering of civility back into my Class B bachelor living quarters! Not to mention company and conversation with someone other than Bulli when we're not at the hospital. Thank you, June, for giving us much more than you'll ever know!

I came back by the hospital after we went to the airport. Sharon was ready to get up, and shortly after I got there with a Breakfast Taco for her, PT came in and got her up to sit in the chair for a while. Dr Emerson came by on rounds and checked her over quite well. He said everything looked pretty good, but he did express a bit of concern over the incision. It appears a little "pink" yet and he plans to keep her in place over the weekend. He mentioned "through Tuesday" but wasn't clear if it was to leave on Tuesday, or actually leave on Wednesday. Then, we'll, of course, be back at the Extended Stay for a period of time! Huh! That sounds strange - a period of time! One second or two or three eons are each a "period of time!" [:D]

I came back over to the apartment to do a little laundry. Actually, I managed to doze a little, too! We got up this morning around 3AM to get June to the plane on time! Laundry is finishing while I'm finishing this. Actually, it's time to go back upstairs and get it out of the dryer and then head back to the hospital.

Cheers!

Joe

No comments: