Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sleep is a good thing

Yup-I slept last night. Had my last nurse/tech "interference" at 11:15 PM and made arrangments for them NOT to come back in until blood-drawing time at 6 AM. It worked with a little help from a low-dose Ambium. I woke up twice for very short times when I heard alot of commotion across the hall. Seems like a patient came in late and then had to go to surgery. Fortunately, I went right back to sleep both times.
Just about any day can look better if you've had a good night sleep and I did have a good day today. It was a little lonely because Joe's stomach was still a little upset and he was afraid he still had some stomach bug so he only stayed here about 30 minutes this morning and then crashed out at the hotel the rest of the day. I think he deserved a well-earned day off. I am well taken care of here but it is nice to have him some during the day even though often we are only watching TV or listening to music.
Temp has been down all day so hope that is good news. Both Dr's that came in today said blood work and counts were good. They were still waiting on a report on the urine. I haven't seen any more drainage in the tube on the vacuum apparatus so I hope that is good, too. It will be interesting to see how the incision does when they take that thing off.
I attended church virutally via the internet today. Prestonwood Baptist broadcasts their Sunday service so I had it set up right here in the bed and I felt just like I was there. I even dozed towards the end of the sermon but I've been known to do that when I was in the actual facility. Also had a visit from one of their deacons this afternoon and it was nice to have a visitor. The pastor quoted Christopher Wren in his sermon: "In the worst of times we do the best of things." This is pretty bad times for us so wonder how we can do out best with it? We may never know.
Appetite picked up a little today so my stomach feels pretty good. The day nurse suggested ordering an Instant Breakfast if I didn't see much that I wanted to eat and I tried one today-it wasn't bad.
Enjoy your holiday tomorrow. We'll be right here.
Sharon

No comments: