Wednesday, October 8, 2008

All Systems Are Go

Saw the hip Dr this afternoon and he said he didn't see any reason why we couldn't go on home. Even after the drainage crisis over the weekend, he thought the incision looked great today. He was quite pleased that my blood work from last week was so good(will call the infection Dr tomorrow to find out about this week's). He still wants to try another implant so we'll be back down about mid Jan. for that procedure. That will give us about 3 months at home to be "calm and still". He doesn't want me to do anything strenuous-just rest and relax. I have lots of sit-down projects at home that should keep me to that regimen.
Joe had a little set-back today. He woke up feeling sickly this morning and just felt all washed-out all day. He finally decided late this afternoon that it was probably the leftover spaghetti sauce he ate last night that we had in the 'frig. Because he hasn't felt well all day, we won't leave here until Fri. We will do laundry and get things packed up tomorrow. We are headed east to Shreveport, LA and will spend Fri night at Barksdale AFB where they have a family campground. Then Sat we'll probably get to Jackson, MS and then on home on Sun. I'll start getting my home nurse on Monday so we need to be home by then. Monday is the day I get blood drawn and they change the dressing on my intravenous line.
Joe's in bed already (which usually isn't the case) and I'm the night owl tonight. We both got little naps this afternoon when we got back from the Dr so I'm really not sleepy.
That's it from Plano tonight. We hear faint strains of "Rocky Top" so can't wait to get home.
Sharon

No comments: