Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just lying around on an Oct. Sat in Plano, TX

Had another sleepless night last night but it didn't really seem too bad during the day. I may have to resort to a sleeping pill if I can't sleep tonight. Got the dressing changed out on the vacuum machine this morning and the incision really leaked alot. However, it hasn't the rest of day so we don't know what is going on. It seems to rest a couple of days and then raise it's little ugly head with no warning. We are so thankful that we weren't on our way home when this last episode came up.
We'll see my infectious Dr on Mon-she doesn't like this low-grade fever that I have been running (it was 100.4 this evening, highest I have had yet). My hip Dr. is in Boston for the weekend celebrating his 60th birthday and we'll see him Tues. Then I guess the 2 will get their heads together for a new game plan.
Now that I am in the hospital, Joe has been able to get some much-needed sleep. I think he has slept until 10 AM the past 2 days and he truely needed that and deserved it. I hated so much to call him at 1 AM on Thurs morning and then again at 3:30 AM but I really needed his help. He has been the true hero thru all of this. I was listening to a nice country music channel on the TV here in the room today and Roy Clark sang a song with these lyrics:
"If I had to do it over again I'd do it with you....
I wouldn't want to miss a thing that we've been thru"

THINK ABOUT THAT

And then a song by Kenny Rogers really spoke to me-I don't remember ever having heard it before:
Harder Cards-"you pass people every day with harder cards than you in life to play."

We aren't happy about our situation right now but we are playing our cards the best we know. Thanks too all those who have called and encouraged us.

More tomorrow-Sharon

No comments: