Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just Sitting and Waiting

We're doing alot of sitting and a whole lot of waiting with no idea what is on the other end of this whole thing. Joe got the laundry done this morning and was over to visit before noon. I had already had breakfast and taken a shower so I felt really good-nothing like a good shower, hair-washing and clean clothes. He took me out for a stroll in the wheelchair. We went all around this floor and then down to the lobby area and a quick little visit outside where the weather had made a HUGE change since the last time I was out there-it was cold!!!!!! Then we each spent some time reading and I got a little snooze.
I guess the biggest news is that I slept ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!! This is such news because it is the first time since we have been down here. I didn't need any pain medicine last night before bed so I got a low dose Ambien around 10:30 and that was it. I was so shocked when one of my Dr's was standing at my bed at 7 AM-I hadn't been up to the bathroom and no one came in for vitals all night. What a difference a full night's sleep makes. Today I found out that Joe had a secret pact with the night nurse before he left last night and told her to be sure that I took a sleeping pill.
I've here so long that I've basically been thru the whole menu on the meal plan. Joe gave me a treat for lunch today and brought in Lenny's-he had a sub and I had mine as a salad. I have to make myself order from the menu now and things just don't taste good. I've been eating alot of yogurt which usually tastes good to me.

We had our daily Prestonwood deacon visit last evening with Ron Leach and it was good to visit with himn again.

The magazine lady came by today so I snagged the new People magazine. I've been a little short on reading material not realizing I was going to be here this long. Also, I had a magazine in the mail Wanda sent yesterday so I'm good for a couple of days.
Well, my Dr. said this morning that we were just waiting and watching-I'm only to get up to bathroom and chair so I'm doing what he says. Not sure when he and infection Dr. will decide what to do next. Fluid is still coming out of the incision on a regular basis. They changed out the collection cannister this afternoon and there were 300cc of liquid in it(that was total for the whole week I've been here)-I'm not sure what the conversion is to liters but my water bottle sitting here by me has .5 liters. I was a math teacher but never got into metrics.
Joe has left for a short time so I'll take a snooze. He'll be back later and we'll watch Survivior together.

That's all for now-Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lenny's, mmmm

Shame the one in Madison closed. But, there is one on Lebanon Rd near the school for the blind just waiting for you to come home!