Friday, October 24, 2008

It's the "Wait and See" Game

My sister left yesterday and I really miss her. It was so nice to have someone else here to talk with and just to have around. Joe felt the same.
Well, the latest word is that I might leave the hospital on Tues. or Wed. We'll go to the hotel for a while and make sure all is well. Both of my main Dr's say the incision looks great but it's still a week before the staples come out. That will be a crucial day when they come out. At this point last month everything looked good, too.
I'm just lying around in the bed or sitting up in the chair. That's all I am allowed to do except for quick trips to the bathroom. I still have to have help to get up but hopefully that will end soon as I'm being fitted for a hip brace this afternoon.
Just can't believe this is the 24th of Oct. We left home on Aug. 31 and had no idea we would still be here at almost the end of this month. We have missed out on so many geocaching events and hunts. Maybe sometime in the future geocaching will be back in our activities.
Thanks to everyone who has sent along notes and kept us in your thoughts and prayers.
Joe is going to the visitation of his friend tonight (he had to go out and buy a shirt and tie as he didn't bring anything for such an occasion). The funeral is tomorrow afternoon in Ft. Worth.
Thanks all for this time-Sharon

No comments: