Thursday, October 2, 2008

This is PROGRESS?

This morning began with a big bang! We knew what we thought the day would be like, but sometimes, you just THINK you know what is going to happen. My wake up call was from Sharon asking me to see where the blood was coming from on her sheet! Oops, sometime I can wake up pretty darn quick. Today was one of those times! When I checked her incision, I found that there was a small leak at one of the staples. It looked like it could be pinching a little and was tighter than the rest. Sharon called the home health care agency and they sent her nurse by to check it out. When she arrived, she wasn't sure if it was the staple or not. We bandgaged it and, by that time, it was time to go see Dr Baum. She looked at it and wasn't too sure about it either. Sharon had also called Dr Emerson's office and, even though he was in surgery all day, one of his partners was available to check it out. His opinion was that it was a part of the healing process and some of the pressure inside the joint was "tunnelling" to the surface. He did not feel it was anything to worry about at this point. If it is still happening by Monday, we'll need to call and have it looked at again.

The staples come out tomorrow, though, so that should eliminate that as a source. The staples look like they are really ready to come out. The nurses are coming tomorrow morning to take care of that. I volunteered to take care of that task, but was overruled by the patient and just about everybody else! I don't understand the problem - I did it one time before! I HAVE experience!! Just how am I going to maintain my proficiency? [:D]

At the moment, it still looks like we'll be home by next weekend, but we'll play that by ear and see what happens with the latest development.

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Cheers!

Joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some people just have to be the center of attention! :p

Clarksville contingent has been busy placing goodies. I'm sure just to welcome you back properly.

Take care and get better soon.