Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oops! Titan's Won!

Actually, they did win! In fact, it was quite a discouraging day for Peyton and the boys from Indy! One screen shot of Peyton's face at the completion of the game told the whole story! He looked "whupped!" Geaux Titans!



What I actually meant, though, was that the Titan's won out over my writing an entry on the blog last night! I came back "home" to the Extended Stay to watch the game while Sharon watched Dancing with the Stars! We found out pretty early in our stay here that watching the ball game at the hospital did not work out well for either of us. We were both pretty ragged out for the next day when we did that before, so we decided that I would pursue my interests and she would pursue hers so she could get to sleep earlier than the ball game would allow. All that is immaterial - this was to say that because I got caught up in the game, I forgot to write a blog of the day's events!



Monday turned out to be a rather busy day, interspersed with an afternoon nap (Sharon, not me!). Dr Emerson came in rather early before a full day of surgery and gave her a great forecast that included the statement, "That incision looks the best it has EVER looked!" That was the statement that set Sharon's day in motion. It spurred her into a frenzy of, I'm human again, so let's get moving! And move we did. The lady from the brace company came by with the "bootie" extension and installed it. She went over with me all the adjustments and what to do's if scenario since we were going to be so far away from their shop. I guess they figure that the insurance would not pay for a house call from Plano to Nashville! Sharon was initially a little leery of the whole thing, but soon came around to tolerate, if not like it. She had to learn that it does require an additional amount of clearance around the corners and the "bumper" in front of the toes is there for a reason, even if it does seem to stick out a bit far! (why am thinking about a radio call between a NASCAR driver and the pits that says something adding 2 pounds of air pressure in the left and cranking in about two rounds of wedge in the rear?) She called for PT to come by twice and give her lessons on climbing stairs (so she can get in the coach) and was generally "up and at'em" pretty much all day! Look out, folks, it looks like she's BAAACCCCKKKK! That's a good thing!

I went by on the way in in the morning and picked up some additional sleeping pants for her. She does seem to like wearing clothes again, too! I bought all that were on clearance (aren't I good?!) and that should give her enough to wear over the brace as long as necessary. Actually, I tried on pair myself and found that I, too, can be stylish with them on!

It looks like Wednesday is the big day of escape! We're both ready for that and that alone should help the process of recovery just because of the improved morale! We look forward to it!

Cheers!

Joe

No comments: