Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A New Plan?

It's 10:00 AM and I'm up and dressed and watching TPIR (The Price Is Right)and feeling better than in several days. The fluid build-up under the incision has made the leg quite uncomfortable when I get up. They put on a different vacuum seal this morning and I can see fluid coming out of it already. My Dr. hopes this will do the trick and then my body will heal around the hip joint.
I have another view of Plano, TX out my window-this is my 3rd room I've had since we've been here. It was nice to get back on the ortho ward where it was so much quieter during the night. That didn't help me sleep any better but I rested alot.
Fortunatley they have cable TV to help you thru the long, sleepless nights. I've even taken up to watching poker tournaments from Vegas. From the absolute attrocious experience I had playing at GeoWoodstock in Sacramento in May, figured I needed some help from the pros if I was going to try it again next year. I'm glad our stakes aren't as steep as in Vegas. We get a nice geocoin for playing.
Still don't have an exact departure date but hope it is within a week.
Our son told us yesterday that if we were still here at Thanksgiving that they were coming out to see us. Oh, I hope the visit will be in TN.
We continue have deacon visits from Prestonwood and they are such a blessing.

Sharon

1 comment:

Ren said...

We also hope and pray that you will be home by Thanksgiving. We will be coming through Nashville the weekend before and after the Holiday and would love to just pop in spend a few moments hanging out and catching up.
We are thinking about you and Joe daily, knowing the Dr's are doing their best to make you even stronger than you were before-if that's even possible! ;)
Keep up the good work you guys!

-Mike, Ren, Lauren and Tara
Tikibirds