Saturday, October 4, 2008

Is this Sandusky OH or are we on a roller coaster ride in Plano?

The saga continues! More drainage all day today! We've had Sharon down in the prone position most of the day! I had to run out and buy a bunch of absorbent sterile pads today to take care of the quantity! Have gotten rather creative in ways to deal with the process. I'm concerned about what is happening but, based on Dr Hillyard's comments on Wednesday, we'll deal with it until Monday when a better idea may come into play when the offices are open. He mentioned a bandage called a VacuSeal drain or something like that if it hadn't stopped by Monday. Hmmm! If I only had my kitchen vac and seal from home! Bet that would take care of it! [:D] May meet some resistance from my patient, though! I think I scare her a little sometimes, anyway!

All that aside, it has been a rather busy day. Laundry day, grocery day, the normal dog day and just a few simple things in addition. The biggest complication for the day was the room door coming into the suite. When I was coming back from the laundry room, the door handle quit working. It's one of the mag card doors and all of a sudden, it wouldn't open the door. The outside handle is just disconnected from the mechanism! Great! Finally had to get the desk clerk to use the master mechanical key to let me in when I needed to be gone for a length of time. Naturally, the maintenance guy is not available until Monday although there were several attempts to call him this afternoon! Heck, I probably wouldn't answer my phone, either!

I'm going to miss this WalMart! It's more like one of the new Publix stores that are opening around Nashville than anything else around there. The whole store is an upscale version and is, while a WalMart, like shopping in a more classy place.

I usually am game for about any kind of roller coaster, but this one is the most terrifying one I've ever ridden!

Cheers!

Joe

No comments: