Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday, Sep 17 AM

I got up early this morning so I could be over at the hospital when Dr Emerson came by on rounds. In his world, that is EARLY! I was over there before 5:30 and he came by not a whole lot later. He is pleased with the looks of the incision and ordered the staples removed and be replaced with SteriStrips. That will let that area settle down before he opens it up again! Seems strange, doesn't it!

He is planning a mid-day Friday operation. That will let he and Dr Baum work out the proper approach. Although they have slightly different opinions of the impregnation of the antifungal, I fully believe that Dr E will prevail and use a compromise between the two stances on that impregnation. After talking with him this morning, I believe he is probably on the right track, with probably a smaller dose of impregnation than Dr Baum had counted on. Refer to my post last night for her opinion. Dr E feels that it MAY reduce the need for the infusion in her pickline. At any rate, I feel confident that they will do the right thing to get the job done.

He feels like she will be in the hospital around a week to 10 day post-op and will then be able to head home. He used some words like "extremely limited mobility", calm and still, around the house, and some others that mean that we are not very likely to range very far from the home base. On the other hand, the View is also our home.....................................! That will probably let the scenery to change somewhat in the picture window! Hey, It could be a lot worse!

I'm getting to play hooky this morning after rounds. I had to make a grocery run and do the laundry! This is my part of the "relaxation" phase! I may even go out and find a big old steak somewhere in the next couple of days!

That's the jist of the good news today, thus far! We have a schedule through a return home! Can't ask much more than that at this point!

Oh, yes, Mike, I'm thinking about taking the test to get certified in my "other" role as official Nurse! [:D] I think I've already had the practical!

Cheers!

Joe

No comments: