Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm!








We've been kicked back yesterday and today giving Sharon a "Calm and Still" break before the Big Event tomorrow afternoon. We did manage to get to a Geocaching Event Saturday morning for breakfast and did a very little caching afterward. We were even back "home" to the Extended Stay by early afternoon. Of course, our route passed by La Madeline and a stop was MANDATED. Since I wanted to retain all my body parts, I reluctantly agreed to make that stop with her! Seems like she wanted another Fruit Cup! Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I thought the above lead-in visual could say it better than I could! Notice, please, that I was a bit too slow to be able to show you what a WHOLE one is like, They are really pretty when you see the whole thing! [:D]




Our weekend started with a bang Friday night! We were reading email or something in the living room and Sharon said, "Is that water running?" Oooppps! The bathroom sink was flowing over and the water wasn't even running! Quick examination and the use of every towel in the house prevented a MASSIVE flood! Seems like the sink had backed up from someone's dishwasher draining upstairs and chose our sink to escape! I don't like couscous particular the FIRST time around and to have it coming from my own bathroom sink was a little disconcerting! I went to the front desk to find that the maintenance guys had just left! I asked the desk clerk to get a plumber and get it fixed. Even to call the manager if he had to to get it done! No results Friday evening! We got back Saturday to find that our key cards didn't work in the door. Went to the desk and found that the same clerk had come up the the, surprise, plumber Saturday morning and fixed the sink! OK, having the key card reset was a minor convenience compared to brushing teeth and that kind of stuff in the kitchen sink! OK, there can be ripples in anything in life! All's well that ends well! Hoping for that kind of hip event this series!




Went out for a mid day lunch, breakfast, well, something you eat at the first meal of the day! She wanted some more of that Cowboy Chicken for her "Last Supper!" before the operation. I will admit it was rather worthy! (See my food blog for more info on Cowboy Chicken - http://nashvillejoesculinaryobservations.blogspot.com/ )




Tonight, we're kind of laid back awaiting some kind of action. I have brewed a batch of "Cold Brew" coffee and it is draining into its container as we speak. Sharon has taken her "great tasting Lemon flavored drano." Like I said, we're waiting for some kind of action!! [:D] No, siree! I'm NOT going to block that door!




Sharon is in good spirits tonight. She just wants to get it finished so we can be out doing something! She's concerned that she might miss a couple of TV shows tomorrow night that she wants to see! She's not even going to know if I'm there or not and she worries about missing a TV show! She's the ultimate optimist! I'll have fun listening to her logic and sentences for the next two or three days!
I'll update things as they occur tomorrow. It will be late in the day because we don't even go to the hospital until 1:00 pm.
Until then, Cheers!
Joe

No comments: