Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Morning After the Night Before!

Sharon and her support equipment
It's almost 1:00 AM and I have just gotten back to the room. Sharon is resting well, although she probably won't sleep much more than a doze occasionally throughout the rest of the night. The Internal Medicine doctor, Dr Baum, came in tonight around 10 and stayed for almost an hour getting Sharon's history, both medical and living places. With the places we have spend some time, she wanted to compare notes to see if there could be anything left over from those places that may have lain dormant all these years. Who knows? Nothing is going unchecked now at this stage. They have prescribed a rather rigorous schedule of drugs to be infused with the IV to get a good start on whatever the little buggers may be. Culturing the samples taken will take a few days, depending on what there happens to be. (Gramatically incorrect, but, dang, I'm sleepy! You figure it out!) I feel good about where they are going. Just have to make sure the patient survives the treatment! [:D] The nurses were doing their checks and the respiratory therapist came in with the "huff and puff" meter and had her breathing through it.

She had a spell of nausea just before I left but we settled it down before anything happened. Nurse Thompson can handle some of these little crises, but given the choice, will let the staff nurses handle the ugly stuff!!

When I brought Sharon's clothes back to the coach this afternoon, Bulli was waiting for me to get back (don't feel sorry for him, I'm running the generator with airconditioning for HIM!) After I let him out to take care of some personal matters, I unpacked her clothes to hang them in the closet. He sniffed her pants and looked at me like just what did you do to her? Where is she? She's supposed to be wearing those things! It looked like he was accusing me fo doing something to her! Humph! Kids!

Better run. I hear a pillow calling me to rescue it from loneliness!!

Cheers!

Joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are still going up for all you! Even for Bulli to understand! :)

love you all and may God bless you in ways you could never have imagined!

jerry and tondi