Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Real Day After

This guy's business is really picking up! It may be a really crappy job, but he's cleaning up making piles while he's doing it! (This picture has absolutely NOTHING to do with this subject, but I just couldn't resist!


I slept in really, really late this morning, and after acting in my other capacity as "Canine Support Unit", we came over to the hospital via Mooya, a burger joint for brea...., er, lunch or what ever you have at that time of the day. It is cloudy, rainy and dreary today, so Bulli was really interested in only the minimal time in the outside. It is so cool this morning, that he only has ambient air available and is not basking in the chilling cool of the generator-powered air conditioning of Geovanii. Poor fellow! Having to give up some of this luxurious living! Speaking of pups, I found an interesting truck with signs as I was having my burger-breakfast. It's posted above. It pretty well speaks for itself. Any comments by me would be uselessly tacky, but I made them anyway, just because I can!




Sharon says Hi to All!

Sharon is doing rather well today. They took away the "funny juice, push the button for a really good jag" box this morning. Much to her chagrin, I might add! Now she had to get relief from a shot that lasts only 6 hours! She is still under the impression that she is fully lucid, but just keeps drifting off mid sentence! She asked for a magazine and lasted two pages before it fell down in disuse! The doctors made the rounds about 6:30 AM and were pleased with where she is at the moment. As she gets unplugged, she will be able to sit up beginning tomorrow. All her signs are looking good. They still have drips in both arms to get the full amount of antibiotics into her. That is probably going to be a continuing thing as long as she is in here. She says to say Hi to everybody. It will probably be a couple of days before she will be able to talk to anyone, so my phone is still the contact point.


Posted the pic of her to let you see the great strides she's making in very small steps!! [:D]

Cheers,
Joe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Hello, just wanted to say hi and let you know your in my thoughts and prayers!! Many blessing for a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful to us Sharon! Tell the nurses to keep Joe back!!! hee hee.

love ya,
Tondi and Jerry

Ren said...

I know that you both are fighters and funny ones too! But when I see that picture...I...just... get so full of emotion.
Having been there all too recently brings back a lot memeories, but hey, I'm not there anymore, which just goes to show what a great attitude, fantastic hubby and tons of friends and family can do for you!
Keep on keeping on!
-Ren
Tikibirds

Unknown said...

Hope the day after the day after finds you doing much better. You are all three in my thoughts and prayers.

John also had his surgery and I'll have to say his was minor compared to you - in fact, he ate a WHOLE bowl of the smashed potatoes at Outback last night - the most food he's ever eaten at one time. We took about 30 pictures. John with the empty bowl, John and Amy with the empty bowl, John and Granddaddy with the empty bowl, John and Oweee with the empty bowl, John and Daddy with the empty bowl, John and Mom with the empty bowl, and a few more random pictures of various subjects with the empty bowl. We were all so excited, the server brought us a to go box to take the empty bowl home in!