Monday, September 15, 2008

Time Marches On!!!!!


It's hard for me to believe that I feel so well and only had surgery a week ago. I get myself in and out of bed now when the inflatable booties aren't on my feet and I walk around the room just a little. Today Joe took me outside in the wheelchair and then he brought Bulli over to see me. That little rascal said a quick "hi" and then dug his nose into some bushes to see what varmits had been around. It felt so nice to be outside these 4 walls and to feel the nice breeze. IKE came thru with a "tinkling cymbal" on Sat. so now the weather is really nice. Tonight, in fact, is to be coolest in several months. We have a huge window here in the room and I like to look outside to see the lights or the birds or the planes flying by.
We've spent the evening watching the Dallas Cowboys football game. We were avid fans while we were living in TX for 14 years and still have a place in our hearts for them since we moved away.
My surgery could likely be as late as Fri. because my Doctor's are still getting their heads together. Stay tuned for more news as we know it.
Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Only a week after surgery and you look great Sharon.

Joan and I have been following the "hip"py Chronicle religiously and although we have not commented on your blog to date, we would like to let you know that you, Joe and Bulli are in our prayers every day.

It sounds like the doctors and staff are fantastic. And, who would have guessed that Joe would make such a talented nurse!

It's nice to hear the local church ministry is so active in the hospital and I'm sure this is very comforting to y'all.

Sharon...I know that you are not a quitter and moreover, you are an inspiration to all of us who think we have 'big' problems in our day to day life.

God bless,

Mike & Joan
C & K