Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Day Of Rest?


Sharon has a day a the "spa" ala hospital style! Nothing quite like a good shampoo!


Prestonwood Baptist Church as seen from the window. Could see the church as we worshipped with them! Yes, that LARGE building IS the church! We're about a mile and a half from it!


Sharon with the choir during the service!

Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest and that is just exactly what we are doing BUT that's all we've been doing for a week now. Lots more of it to come.

Last night was probaby the best night of sleep I have had since being here. I was actually able to get in 3 periods of longer sleep. For those of you who have had to spend time in a hospital, you know that people are in and out of your room all night so you just can't pull the covers up over your head and sleep until the morning.

My Dr. wants me to keep my hip quiet so basically all I am doing is lying in the bed and getting up to the bathroom and/or sitting in a chair. Today he added that I could look out in the hall-wow! we're really progressing. He says we are just taking things a day at a time and we're right there with him.

Have a big picture window here in the room that looks over the city of Plano and we watched as remnants of hurrican IKE were passing thru. It didn't end up being very bad here-some rain and wind for a while but that was all.

Joe got here this morning after I was all cleaned up and sitting in the chair. He brought the computer so we went to church via computer broadband. We have visited Prestonwoood Church several times when we have lived here or came thru last year. They have a wonderful service that you can enjoy in your living room or in our case, a hospital room. Joe was stretched out in the recliner and I was here in the bed so how was that for a worship service? I'm on the 8th floor and we have a beautiful view of the church in sight.

Not much more to report from my side today. Joe will keep you up with the medical details-he's alot more "wordy" than me.

Love ya'll

Sharon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are up to posting to the blog and sounding so strong!