Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday - 2nd Day is PROGRESS!

I came to the hospital a little late today and found a bright, cheery, almost perky Sharon in absolutely great shape for someone who was only about 18 hours out of some rather large surgery! She did have a pain shot a little after I came in and was "droggy" (may not be a proper word, but describes is perfectly!) but was otherwise in the best shape I've seen her at this stage post-op! Now that I think about it, I really, really wish I didn't have reason to know that!

She even ate quite a meal tonight. She ordered Herb de Provence Pork Tenderloin with Potato Cake and Apple Slaw, a side salad with Ranch dressing, and Walnut layer cake ala mode! Hmmmm. Hope she won't expect that kind of cusine when she goes home! [:D] I can do pretty well on a big pot of chili or a pretty mean omlet, but this herb encrusted stuff I'm not really into!

We have had three visits today from Prestonwood BC. They are so appreciated and help the morale and spirits more than they will ever know! Thanks!

Not much else to say tonight. She's doing great with great spirits!

Cheers!

Joe

Oh, yes, Mike! Thanks for the reference! To finally pass the final, I'll need to do a little more work to use in the practical. Are you available?

2 comments:

Cache & Keri said...

We're really glad to hear Sharon is in good spirits and has an appetite for 'real' food. Just keep eating and stay away from all those funguses (or is it fungae?)

Funny, today I was thinking about Joe's famous Ruben Sandwich...best in the state of TN.

I'm sure it will be nice to get back home and relax for a couple of months.

Our prayers are with you...

God bless,

Mike

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are still going up and hope your spirits are too! May the Lord's blessings run as deep as the ocean for you both this day and in those to come!

Tondi