Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday PM - Milestone day

I asked Sharon what she wanted to tell every one tonight! She said for me to just outline the events of the day! OK, Hang on, it's been busy!! To preface the events, though, I'll tell you one of my events of the day and that will explain it when you find an occasional typo or something else not right. I decided that today was the day to put a new hole in my body! Nnnnooooooo! I've not decided to get a belly piercing! (you may not want THAT visual!) I poked a small very sharp screwdriver through my index finger. It's really not a big deal, and it really doesn't hurt, but it, and the bandaid on it, are wreaking havoc with my keyboard skills. Can't feel the "Home" keys and that makes using the keyboard, not painful, but extremely frustrating! So, now I have an excuse for all those wrong words and it is, the worst part, slow me down and making me type most things twice. Aaarrrrrggggg!

Ok, now to the important part. Sharon took TWO walks down the hall and she sat up in the recliner chair for a while and actually ate sitting in the chair. She's back in bed now but she has been out of bed for a good two hours today. Her head almost belongs to her again as most of the fog from the anesthetics as disappeared! (that's my story and I don't plan to change it! [:D]) She has even talked briefly on the phone twice during the day. Once to Abigail and once to her mommy! That just about has done her in, though, and she is deeply dozing as I'm writing this. I brought her a chocolate milkshake this morning (actually just before noon) and, I believe that was about the only food she hasn't complained about yet! Said it was rather tasty, as a matter of fact.

We've been waiting all day for the Internal Medicine doctor to come by. It's after seven as I write this so that is not likely to happen now, I think. I had one of those brain anomolies last night as I was going to sleep and may have had an insight to the infection in the hip. Have no idea why it hadn't come to us before.

Since she's sleeping, I'm going to close this out and may get back to it later. This is really about the whole summary of the day.

Until later,

Cheers!
Joe

No comments: