Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday Evening, Sep 17

Thursday, one day pre-op and all systems go. We both had somewhat of a kick-back day because neither of us slept very well last night! Funny how that works, we were in different locations and both had the same sleep difficulties! Not sure what that means! I was up very early so I went in search of a place to actually sit down and have breakfast brought to me! Seemed like a rare treat, but I had to get out of the "pretty people" part of Plano to find such a place! Great little place that does a mom and pop kind of business! Been a long time since I've had eggs, hashbrowns, biscuits and Chicken Fried Steak for breakfast! CFS is really a Texas thing that I've never gotten over! While out, knowing that Sharon wanted a light meal day, I dropped by La Madeline and got her a "fruit cup". She did rather enjoy it, even if she did offer me the shell that was left after she had taken the "good" stuff our of it! Thought that was downright generous of her! [:D]

She is in great spirits going into this next op phase tomorrow. We took a wheelchair ride for about an hour and a half mid afternoon. We went all the way out to where I parked Geovanii and she and Bulli had a nice visit. He didn't even have to hunt for a while. Sharon gave him a string of string cheese and that kept his attention for a while. I gave her a tour of the hospital in places she hasn't had the chance to see in all the time she has spent here. We went down to the public cafeteria and I had a bit of lunch while she has some apple sauce that she said tasted devine! She seemed to thrive on the fresh scenery. I guess that's a real treat, indeed, for all she's seen for the most part, is the inside of her room for 11 days! I'd probably be climbing the walls by now. The nurses and staff that came in for evening shift are now on their second rotation since she's been here! She feels like that is way too long!

She is scheduled for surgery around 1:00 PM and it should last not longer than a couple of hours. I will not likely post a blog in the AM but will post after surgery and I talk to Dr Emerson and Dr Barrington.

Thanks for your prayers.

Cheers!

Joe

No comments: