Friday, September 21, 2007

I have just been served .........

Well, here we are living life at it's fullest! Another day closer to "O" day and living life as it is passed to us! We continue to make our nest as comfortable as we can for our post-op period. Of course, that includes trips to Wally-World to get groceries, etc. for eating in a lot afterward.

Humor of the day! As we were heading for our daily WW trip, we stopped to grab a bite of lunch. You know the old thing about NOT grocery shopping when you're ready to chew your arm off for nurishment. Well, we stopped at a place on the way called Planet Burrito. Didn't know what to expect, but just had to check it out. Turned out there was one of the local radio stations broadcasting from the place as a promo for the Planet! While I was ordering our burritos/salads, Sharon registered me for a drawing with the station. I was still ordering when I won a prize in a drawing! OK, great! Now I have 10, yes, TEN, haircuts from a local hair saloon! I haven't had my hair cut 10 times in a shop that many times since I've been back from Taiwan. That was 9 years ago!!! Well, we may just have some extra door prizes for the event Sunday!! [:D] The burrito's were excellent, by the way! Just before we left, I saw the manager take a large burrito (and I do mean large! The largest one is called GIGUNDUS! and it really is! It is about 14 inches long and about 5 inches in diameter!)

As we got back in the GeoVan, I turned on the radio to check out the station that was broadcasting from inside. The DJ was saying, "I have just been served a burrito the size of a German Shepherd! It is 10 stories tall and I'm sharing it with a family of ten!" We both just about fell out of our seats laughing at this description! We had just been talking about how much food was in ours. I had the middle of 5 sizes and was stuffed! As a matter of fact, that's what they called it! The Stuffed! Sharon's salad (same stuff in a bowl and no tortilla) was a Small and it was more than adequate!!

OK, enough local color!! Just a humorous point for the day!!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Just wanted to say Hi and praying all goes well tomorrow! Kimmie