Saturday, November 3, 2007

Three Day Update - A Lazy Man's Approach to Blogging!

I guess I'm more than a little late in posting this, the next day's notes! Some have even called me lazy in not posting! I can't argue an obvious point!! We've mentally shifted gears a little, I suppose! We've both been concentrating on outfitting the View for the trip home! Usually, with an RV, you just reach on the shelf and grab what you need or you run to Camping World or Wally World and grab what you need and run with it! This time it's a little different! Now we've got to crank in the "Support Equipment" for Sharon and what she needs to have accessible for the run to Nashville. Along with that, we're trying to stock up with the minimum items for normal living to get us there. Since we have a lot of "Stuff" stocked up from our old Class A coach at home, we don't want to duplicate more than necessary! OK, we can live with paper plates and cups for the trip. This is complicated by comments like, "Say, Hon, don't we have (blank) at home? No, I THINK we sold that at the garage sale but I'm not sure!" If you stack a few of those conversations back to back, it gets a little confusing and you then start the whole process all over for the next item or two! AAAAAYYEEEEEEEE! Let's just get home to figure it out! But, wait! We'll need one of those when we stop for the night!! AAAARRRRGGGGG! OK, maybe we'll now have TWO when we get home!! It's really been fun putting this all together!

I've taken it out enough to try to get a feel for how it's going to handle and ride for the run back! Seems like it's going to work alright! If Sharon wasn't on "house arrest" she COULD have gone with me on some of the runs, if she wasn't on "house arrest!" She COULD have very much enjoyed the short trips over to Ft Worth and up to Denton and by the Texas MotorSpeedway last Thursday while they were getting ready for a full weekend of NASCAR, IF she weren't on "house arrest!!" We drove our old coach around the track there not too long after it was opened! It was around 7 miles around it. Of course, that was on the perimeter road on the outside of the property around the parking lots! She may enjoyed some Texas barbeque at Angelo's in Ft Worth, IF she weren't on "house arrest!" We used to enjoy Angelo's while we lived there. In fact, it was our second favorite barbeque place down here. Our number one place was closed down by Codes while we lived here. Oh, it was clean enough, but the building was condemned because it was about to fall down! Such a minor detail to close such a great eating place!! We love Rancher Bill's!! I don't think the guy had the funds to rebuild there and an office was built on it's site later. Shame, shame!!! Yup, there's a LOT here that she COULD have done, IF she weren't on "house arrest!" BUT, I've really enjoyed going to some of these places because I'm NOT on "house arrest!"

I tried to look up some of our Taiwan friends in Krum, TX but all I had to go on was a Post Office box and could not otherwise locate them. I even went to City Hall but they couldn't/wouldn't even acknowledge that Aubry and Cynthia were even there! I asked if she'd dial the phone and let me talk to one of them but they couldn't/wouldn't even do that! Such is the way of modern privacy laws, I suppose! Well, that and small town skepticism about asking for someone and they don't know you!! Guess I'll have to collect my bounty reward sometime later!! [:D]

Well, have a load of laundry in! Clock tells me it's time to move on to the dryer!! Chat later,

Cheers!

No comments: