Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 2009 and All "Seems" To Be Well

We just returned from a visit to Plano to see the hip doctor and the infection doctor. Got good reports from both and we are back home now for 2 weeks to recuperate and get ready to leave for Maine in early Aug.

Hip Dr: x-rays look good and things seem to have healed well. Leg still not strong enough to put 100% weight on it so continue with crutches for now. Can use 1 crutch in the house but crutches when walking outside. Walking is good so I need to do more of that. When my Dr. saw my name on the roster for last Wed. he was afraid something was wrong and he said (jokingly) that he thought about calling in sick. He was so releived when the nurse said I was just in for a 4-month check-up. Hip is doing good but the right knee has problems. I have no cartlidge on the inside so he said I might be a candidate for a partial knee replacement sometime in the future. He gave me a shot of cortisone in that knee and it hasn't been bothering me lately. I have favored the left side for so long that the right side has suffered. Will return in late March for a 1-year check up.

Infection Dr: she cut back my anti-fungal drugs by 1/2 so I'm hoping that will help several small problems I was having. She is the neatest person and must have spent 45 minutes with us. She is never in a hurry and always wanting to discuss my particular situation. Will see her again when we go back down in March.

So, here we are back home again, doing laundry and mowing the lawn (I'm doing the laundry and Joe is doing the lawn). It was so HOT!!!!!! down in Texas and now it is in the 80's here in middle TN and it is delightful. We are sure hoping to find some nice weather while up in Maine.

That's all for now. Stay tuned........

No comments: