Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009

Just dropping in to give a new year's update. Finished up with the infusions on Dec 11 but continue oral fungal antibiotics. Hip has been doing good-I've learned how to deal with it and take it easy as I move so I don't forget and step down on it.
My hip Dr and infectious Dr wanted to see me before the next surgery so we are headed to TX on Jan 10 and will be down there for several days for blood work and x-rays and whatever else they want to check out. We are hoping all is "full speed ahead" for my surgery which is now scheduled for March 23. As long as my hip has cleared out all the fungus, my hip Dr. seems to think that another implant will work.
It's been a long and slow few weeks since we got back. Our son and wife and Abby were here for Thanksgiving and then in and out for 2 weeks over Christmas. The house is pretty quiet now without that precious little 7-year-old around.
I'm not able to do much-orders from my Dr. Joe has taken on most of the household duties and he does a fine job. I help out as much as he will let me. My biggest heartache is my house cleaning. Guess I'm going to look into a weekly Merry Maids visit to do the basic dusting and vacuuming after this next trip to TX. I have people who I could ask to come but just can't do that to them. I really need a little angel to show up at my door someday and ask what she can do-would that be neat?
Happy New Year and our prayer is that it will be healthy and wealthy and family-friendly to everyone who reads this. More after we get back from Texas.
Sharon

No comments: